Golden Jubilee of SJC, Bhopal

Friday, September 15, 2006

The Beginning!

It was the hot month of May, this year. Right in the middle of one busy - blue day, I got a phone call from Roohi, my school buddy, who was also the head girl of my SJC school batch that passed out in 1989. My blues vanished on hearing about the forthcoming Golden Jubilee of the school and the exciting plans they had in mind for us!

The Broad Plan went like this:

The Golden Jubilee gala of SJC was from 14th Nov to 16th Nov, 2006. The main function for us, when all the batches passed out of SJC will meet to celebrate the 50th year of the school, is on the 14th of November. The golden jubilee function will go on. 16th is the sports day, and so on.

The Head Girls of each batch are coordinating these efforts with their batch and the school. Our job was to spread the word to as many of our batchmates as possible to help in this effort.

Fortunately, I took a trip down to Bhopal in the end of May, when I got this enriching chance of meeting some of my batchmates from SJC. It was truly a humbling experience! We were meeting after 18 years, and looked much different, obviously. But in five minutes flat in my mind I could see the same faces in blue tunics and pig tails!

We were lucky to compile a list of about 30 people in that meeting, rattling off names as they came to our minds. This list has now grown to about 60, and several of us are in touch wih each other over the internet.

Let me tell you something... This is sheer pleasure!

With warm wishes,

Smita (Kulshrestha)

7 Comments:

  • Thanks Smita for creating the blog and taking so much interest in uniting us all.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:28 PM  

  • Most welcome, Tripi! This thing thrills me beyond words! I'd been thinking what I could do to help Roohi and others in Bhopal who are working so hard to make this event a success despite their busy schedules. I could not do too much from this far, so I thought of this blog.

    Please visit again.

    By Blogger smilingaway, at 10:50 PM  

  • hi i am sunita berry (now singh) from 1969 batch. would love to get in touch with all ex sjcs and specially someone or all from this batch. my email id is sunitasingh99@yahoo.com. as for the golden jubilee celeberations wild horses wont keep me away from this.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:17 PM  

  • Dear Ms. Singh,

    Warm welcome in here, ma'am! Thanks so very much for your comment. Hope you have sent your registration form to SJC. Am sure, you are already spreading the word.

    See you at the event!

    Warm regards,

    Smita

    By Blogger smilingaway, at 9:52 AM  

  • hello smita

    i have not sent in my form yet but will be doing so some time next week. yes i m spreading the word about our school golden jubilee. there are 3 ex. SJCs in my office and we r all planning to come.

    hope to meet you too

    and i would like it if u call me by my first name. madam is so formal........ dont u think so ? its ok for ones working place but for school mates its seems a no-no

    sunita

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:33 AM  

  • The only word I can think of is WOW!! This is really something, Sunita!!

    Thanks ever so much! Am dying to meet you! Please do send in your registration forms before this month ends.

    Regards,
    Smita

    By Blogger smilingaway, at 8:32 AM  

  • SJC IS THE BEST


    ITS MY SKOOL

    BEST OF LUCK!!

    By Blogger BUSHRA, at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home